Sunday, March 14, 2010

WHO WON THE PRIZE ???

I wouldn't have done it, except for being so frustrated at the delays. I read about a chocolate recipe contest in The Leavenworth Times. I sent a recipe by e-mail, but at the bottom, the place for the name of the person who was submitting the recipe, my fingers typed in the name "Emilye Yancey," my pen name. I thought I would get an electronic acknowledgement, and when that didn't happen, I decided, oh, well, the recipe had vanished into the atmosphere.

So one day the phone rings, and I hear my husband say, "There is no one named Emilye living at this number."

But The Leavenworth Times did want to talk to Emilye Yancey, to tell her that the chocolate recipe had won Second Prize!

Even if my madcap mystery isn't out, Emilye Yancey has already gotten something published in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment